Monday, February 27, 2012

Vitamin C serum

Just learned something new from one of my vendors that I would like to share.

As long as I've been using Vitamin C serum it has always had a slightly yellow look, which seemed normal, since oranges are orange.  However, the clearer the serum is the fresher the batch of Vit C serum.  As it ages it starts to oxidize and that is what causes the slightly yellow color that you will see when using your serum.  The tingle factor you get is also from the oxidation.  Most Vit C serums are good for about 2 1/2 years if they are keep away from the sun and not left open.

Just goes to show that after 15 years there is still alot for me to learn about skincare.  lol.

Have a great day.  Any questions please feel free to e-mail me at spaaahservices@gmail.com or call 636-236-1092.

Thanks for stopping by.

Linda Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment